- 2 to 3 boneless chicken breasts
- Cooking oil spray (such as olive oil or avocado oil spray)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4–1/3 cup of BBQ sauce (enough to coat chicken breasts generously)
- Combine the spices together in a small bowl. Then spray both sides of the chicken breasts lightly with a bit of olive oil or avocado oil cooking spray
- Rub the spices evenly onto both sides of the chicken breasts. Once coated, place the chicken breasts into your air fryer basket or tray. Cook for 10 minutes on 365 degrees F.
- After 10 minutes, flip the chicken breasts and cook an additional 10 minutes
- After the final 10 minutes, use the back of a spoon or a brush to slather the BBQ sauce over the sides and tops of the chicken breasts. Then cook in the air fryer for a final 2 to 3 minutes, just enough to caramelize the BBQ sauce
- Let the chicken breasts rest for about 5 minutes to lock in the juices before cutting into them.
- Cook time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts. If your boneless chicken breasts are over an inch and a half to two inches thick, it will take a few additional minutes to cook through. Likewise, if they are on the smaller side, I recommend checking them a few minutes early. They are fully cooked when the thickest part of the breast reaches 165 degrees F.