This easy, stress-free oven roasted whole turkey recipe with maple glazed winter vegetables is the perfect addition to any holiday event or family meal. With the maple pecan veggie side dish cooked right at the same time, you can be sure dinner is both simple to make and healthy!
This post is in partnership with Jennie-O. I’m happy to work with a company I use and love so much. Thanks for your support here on the blog, and your support for Jennie-O!
I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve always shied away from having to be the one to cook the holiday turkey, and always the first to offer to make a side dish for Thanksgiving instead, or really, just any Sunday dinner when the family gets together. It’s always seemed too intimidating and too stressful when there’s always so much commotion in the kitchen already. I’d likely be the one to forget to take it out of the freezer to thaw until it was almost dinner time!
This year I have a different tale to tell though. I found out about Jennie-O’s Oven-Ready Oven Roasted Turkey… which, as you can probably guess, means you just take it right out of the freezer (I know, right?) and put it directly into the oven. AND it comes with the gravy. Mind. Blown.
Basically, there’s no way I (or you) can mess this one up and it totally simplifies the whole Thanksgiving thing a ton. Which gives us more time to be with family out of the kitchen and less time tending to the turkey in the kitchen. Oh, and bonus, more room in the fridge for all of the yummy side dishes being your turkey won’t be defrosting in it!
Jennie-O’s Oven Ready Turkeys are also incredibly delicious and come out of the oven looking beautiful and Thanksgiving table ready. This recipe shows you how to cook the turkey while adding an additional layer of simplicity by multitasking and cooking some roasted veggies at the same time.
These roasted vegetables are my favorite fall and winter seasonal produce options to use. The maple glaze and pecans step it up a notch to make it perfect for the holiday season and a great healthy addition to the meal. You’ll just need some brussels sprouts, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, maple syrup and a handful of spices you likely already have in your pantry.
To find Jennie-O Oven Ready Roasted Turkeys near you, check out the store locator HERE
A whole oven roasted turkey, gravy and the veggie side dish that only requires 10 minutes of hands-on prep time? That’s the kind of stress-free, family-filled, deliciously-fed holiday I want, and the kind I wish for all of you this year, too. Just recruit a family member to bring the mashed potatoes and pies, and dinner is served!
Other Holiday Menu Ideas You’ll Love:Print
- 1 Oven Ready Jennie-O Turkey
- 2 cups halved brussels sprouts
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (1-inch pieces)
- 2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3–4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup pecans
- Follow the instructions on the back of the bag for the turkey.
- 40 minutes prior to the turkey being fully cooked, combine the oil, maple syrup and spices together.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and add the veggies.
- Pour the syrup combination over the vegetables and stir to evenly coat.
- Place the sheet pan into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, toss to flip and then bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Remove baking sheet and place vegetables into a serving dish. Add in the pecans and stir to mix in.
- Cook the turkey until finished, once turkey reaches an internal temp. of 165 F. Remove the oven bag and place on a serving platter. Heat the gravy and place in a gravy boat.
- Slice turkey and serve with gravy and vegetables. Enjoy!
Keywords: thanksgiving turkey, whole roasted turkey, turkey and vegetables, oven roasted whole turkey